Mouqy stocks a range of lightweight glasses made from a range of different high-quality materials. Their comfortable fit makes them perfect for the lifestyles of modern men and women – and will follow you wherever you go!
What are lightweight glasses anyway?
Lightweight glasses refer to those that weigh less than the average pair of glasses. This is usually achieved through the materials or design of the lenses and frames.
Lenses are the parts of your glasses that correct your vision. Generally speaking, the stronger the prescription that someone needs to see clearly, the thicker the material of the lens needs to be to refract the light correctly – which can result in heavy lenses. Luckily, the advent of high index material lenses has meant that even those with higher prescriptions have the option of wearing thinner and lighter lenses.
Secondly, you can have lightweight frames. This may include thin metal or titanium frames, rimless, or semi rimless frames that don’t fully wrap around the lenses.
Styles of lightweight and thin eyeglasses frames
Lightweight glasses come in many forms and styles – here are just a couple of them!
- Rimless framesRimless designs are some of the lightest around, and look minimalist and sophisticated with a ‘barely-there’ look. Rather than having frame material all around the lens, these frames attach to the temples and nose bridge instead.
- Semi-rimless framesSemi-rimless designs fall somewhere between rimless and full-rimmed glasses, and feature a stylish rim at the top of the lenses. The bottom of the lenses are exposed, which can help reduce weight.
- Wireframe framesThese slender metal glasses offer a bookish and vintage look – and weight very little. Materials such as titanium are especially durable and lightweight.
The benefits of lightweight glasses
Lightweight glasses are perfect for looking great without feeling tired or weighed down. Here are some other benefits:
- They’re more comfortable for long useSince your glasses don’t weigh as much they aren’t so noticeable for the wearer. Plus, you’re more likely to keep on wearing them as recommended!
- They reduce pressure on your faceHeavier glasses can cause pressure on your nose and bridge, which can be felt after long hours of use and can leave an imprint on your bridge.
- They stay up on your faceLightweight glasses are less likely to slip down. This means you’re less likely to need snug-fitting pads that push into your nose bridge, or a tight fit behind your ears.