While puzzling for many, finding the perfect pair of glasses that’ll flatter your diamond-shaped face isn’t that complicated. Read on to learn how to select the perfect frames!
The best frames for people with a diamond face shape are:
Much like the gemstone itself, a diamond-shaped face is extremely rare, and deserves to be highlighted by equally stunning eyewear. There are lots of fun and contemporary frames to choose from, making shopping for this particular face shape that much more exciting!
Though it’s also common to have a combination of more than one face shape, let’s start by looking at some defining characteristics of a dominant diamond-face shape:
What is a diamond-shaped face?
Just like the geometric figure, diamond-shaped faces are longer than they are wider, with the forehead and jawline being of similar width. This particular face shape also has a sharper and more angular appearance, and is distinguished by the following traits:
- High cheekbonesMany will agree that the most enviable thing about owners of diamond-shaped faces would be their prominent cheekbones. Being the widest part of the face, their cheekbones sit nice and high, and in some cases even appear pointed.
- Small foreheadIn contrast with the heart-shape, diamond-shaped faces have a visibly tapered hairline, mimicking the upper part of the diamond shape.
- Narrow jawlinePeople with diamond-shaped faces are also blessed with a slender jawline, with the lower portion of the face getting more angled towards the chin and finishing into a point.
Whether you’ll be wearing your glasses daily or occasionally, it’s important to pick a style that makes you feel your best.
If you’d like some pointers along with some tried-and-tested pairs that’ll always be flattering on diamond face shapes, here’s everything you need to know:
The most flattering glasses for diamond-shaped faces
As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want to find frames that play up your features — especially those cheekbones!
- Do go for upswept styles or frames that are wider than your cheeks – They can do the trick by bringing balance to the narrower parts of your face.
- Do go for round and oval frames, which will give a beautiful contrast to your face’s angular points.
- Do experiment with daring styles! Your unique facial structure also makes the perfect canvas for adventurous styles, such as frames with strong brow lines or prolonged temples. Lucky you!
Take a look at some of our frame recommendations below:
1. Cat-eye frames
Cat-eye glasses are probably the most recommended type of frames for diamond-shaped faces, and for good reason. The top-heavy structure does a great job in balancing out the narrow points of the face, while its rounded bottom edges draw attention to those highly coveted cheekbones.
2. Round and oval frames
Another popular choice for diamond-shaped faces are round and oval frames, which works wonders for those looking to soften their face’s overall appearance. Moreover, because this type of face shape is a bit more narrow at the eye line, round or oval lenses will be able to add that extra bit more emphasis to the eyes.
Similar to cat-eye frames, ombre glasses can also bring balance to the face with more prominent or darker design details at the top. Not only are these frames modern and stylish, but they also create excellent contrast with those cheekbones too!
Aviator frames—as long as they’re wide enough—are another way to complement a diamond-shaped face. The added details on the brow line gives the illusion of width, supporting a narrow forehead and hairline. They also help bring the focus higher on your face, giving your eyes the attention they deserve.
Clubmasters are a timeless style that works well with a lot of face shapes, but more so for diamond-shaped faces. Featuring a thicker browline and prolonged wide temples, its distinct lines will be able to soften out the sharper angles of the face while accentuating your cheekbones.
The best sunglass styles for diamond-shaped faces
If you’re looking to expand your sunglass collection, here are our top picks for diamond-shaped faces:
- Cat-eye sunglasses are always a good idea.
- Opt for browline frames to bring the focus to the upper part of your face.
- Look for round or oval sunnies to downplay angular features.
Frames you might want to avoid
On the other side of the spectrum, you’ll want to steer clear from narrow or small frames, as they might make your eyes appear disproportionately small. Be careful with square frames as well, as these types of frames could cut off those gorgeous cheekbones of yours.
Celebrities with diamond-shaped faces
Curious to know which celebrities have your face shape? Here are some of Hollywood’s brightest stars known for having diamond-shaped faces:
Still not sure if you have a diamond-shaped face?
If you’re still having doubts of whether or not you fall under this category, you can always verify your face shape by checking your face’s measurements with a measuring tape.
To start, you’ll need to measure four areas of your face, namely:
- Forehead widththe distance across the center of your forehead from hairline to hairline.
- Cheekbone widththe distance from the highest point of one cheekbone to the other.
- Jawline widththe distance from the bottom of your ear to the tip of your chin, multiplied by two.
- Face lengththe distance from the top of your hairline to the lowest part of your chin.
For the most accurate results, be sure to keep the measuring tape flat when measuring your forehead, cheekbones and face length. Conversely, when measuring your jawline, it’s best to bend the tape such that it sits on top of your skin.
After you’ve found your measurements, you can now determine your face shape. For diamond-shaped faces in particular, you’ll want to confirm if:
- Your cheekbones are wider than your forehead.
- Your cheekbones are significantly broader than your jawline.
- Your face length is longer than your cheekbone width.
- The angles of your jawline are narrow and your chin comes to a point.
If the traits above match your measurements, then you indeed have a diamond face shape. But if the numbers don’t add up, don’t worry! This just means that you have one of many other equally beautiful face shapes. We’ve also got a wide selection of frames to choose from here at Mouqy, so rest assured that you’ll be able to find the perfect pair for your face shape.
Check out our full guide to matching your glasses to your face shape.
Other considerations when choosing glasses
Another factor to consider when choosing glasses is the color/s of the frames themselves. While there are no rules to the colors that you can wear, it’s best to avoid pairs with dark lower rims, as this can emphasize the width of your cheeks and make your eyes look smaller.
Knowing your skin’s undertone can also give you a lot of insights on what colors will look best on you and streamline your search.
For those with higher prescriptions, you’ll also want to check if your lenses are compatible with the frames you select, as thicker lenses will have an impact on your overall look.
Your face shape should only serve as a guide, not a rulebook. If you love how a certain pair looks on you, go for it! There are no rules to expressing your individuality.
Making sure your glasses fit your face properly
Once you know what types of frames will ‘fit’ your face shape, it’s important to also make sure that they’ll truly FIT and feel comfortable on your face!
To make sure your Mouqy frames will fit you, be sure to get your correct glasses measurements and compare them to the dimensions of the frames you’re interested in.
Still need help in finding the perfect frames?
We get that shopping for glasses online can be a bit tricky. That’s why our team has developed a Virtual Try-On feature, so you can see how our glasses look on you in real time.
Choose from our wide selection of frames and try them out virtually today!
Frequently asked questions
1. What glasses go with a diamond face?
Upswept styles like cat-eyes, oval and round shapes, as well as frames with thicker browlines are extremely flattering on diamond-shaped faces.
2. Can diamond face shapes wear round glasses?
Absolutely! Round glasses are great for softening the hard angles in a diamond-shaped face, and contrasts nicely against high cheekbones.
3. What is the rarest face shape?
The diamond face shape is the rarest of face shapes, and is defined by prominent cheekbones, a narrow forehead, and a pointed chin.
4. What type of glasses frames make you look younger?
Round, oversized, and cat eye frames are stylish options that can give you a more youthful appearance.