The Best Eyeglasses Styles for Bald People
Looking for the right pair of specs can be challenging regardless of your hairstyle, but what if you’re sporting a bald look? No worries – here are some tips to rock that bald with glasses!
First and foremost, keep in mind that nobody has the same facial features. A good starting point is to consider your face shape, skin tone, eye color, and facial hair (if any) – as these factors tend to stand out more on balder folk.
Don’t let this intimidate you as this article will provide you with the basics – we know that finding the eyeglasses of your dreams can be a daunting task. Let’s dive in:
Our favorite male bald style icons & their glasses
Bald hair is a timeless look that works across different age groups and ethnicities, so, we’ve picked our favorite looks to help you find the right ones for you!
Madox Jolie-Pitt in square black glasses
Starting off with Angelina and Brad’s eldest child, Madox rocks his square-shaped black-rimmed glasses, reducing the emphasis on his round face and making his overall look more harmonious. The clean-shave and warm-toned features of his also work very well with thin rims and black frames.
Kevin Hart in semi-rimmed frames
Kevin is known for his on-point comedic punchlines. Here’s an inspo from him exuding confidence in his glasses that suit well with his oval-shaped face. As we’ve mentioned, square-shaped glasses help reduce the roundness of the face, making it look more even. This is also well-matched with circle beards.
Matt Damon in rectangular semi-rims
Interstellar star Matt Damon emits a nerdy aura in his semi-rimless, rectangular-shaped spectacles. The lack of bottom rims gives a simple and minimalistic vibe, perfect for everyday use. Paired with Matt Damon’s oval-faced shape and blue eyes, the whole look gives a major STEM major feels.
Robert Downey Jr. in thick blue frames
Even Iron Man doesn’t stray away from showing off how good he looks bald. You too can live your “genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist”-esque life! (we’ve written a whole article on Tony Stark’s glasses style too, if you’re keen).
Our favorite female bald style icons & their glasses
A long time ago, bald women were an uncommon sight. What a far way we’ve come! As fashion further evolves, more and more women are rocking this style that was once considered a style only exclusive to men.
Moreover, this can signify bravery and strength in women – or just style prowess! Here are some of the women we appreciate rocking balder or shorter hair, and glasses.
Lupita Nyong’o in semi-round frames
Kenyan-Mexican actress Lupita Nyong’o is popularly known for her amazing artistry in the movies Black Panther and 12 Years a Slave. Although years have passed, she never ceases to show why she was named the most beautiful woman by People back in 2014. Her diamond face shape pairs well with her semi-round frames and shorter hairstyle.
Kristen Stewart in thin metal frames
Kristen’s grungy look in the movie Underwater was made possible by the thin rims and round glasses she wore. She mentions that her role helped her find a reason to buzz her hair due to its practicality and esthetics.
How to style your bald with glasses
1. First, identify your facial shape
Generally speaking, finding the right frame for your facial shape is a priority when picking a new pair of specs. The less hair you have, the more your spectacles become a prominent part of your face.
Some assume that bald = a round face shape, however, every human being has their own anatomy – so this can’t be further from the truth.
We understand that this can be tricky, so we’ve already prepped an article to help you understand how to find your face shape and match it to your glasses.
The general advice is to find a glasses frame shape that contrasts with the shape of your face. Here’s a summary for you round-faced or square-faced readers!
For bald round-shaped faces
Balance out your curves with bold, thick, angular frames with nice straight lines.
- Square and rectangular frames
- Geometric frames
- Oversized frames
- Cat eye or D-frames if you have nice full cheeks
- Round frames
- Undersized frames
For bald square-shaped faces
Balance out your facial angles with frames that are more rounded in shape.
- Cat-eye frames
- Round glasses
- Oval glasses
- Bright-coloured frames to draw attention away from hard angles
- Square-shaped glasses
- Small-framed glasses
2. Next, consider your skin tone
So the next step is identifying whether you are cool-toned, warm-toned, or neutral. If the veins on your wrist are either blue or purple, you are most likely cool-toned; if your veins appear green, you are warm-toned.
However, if it’s difficult to identify, chances are, you are neutral. Below are some of the suggested glasses frame colors for each color tone.
- Cool-tonedHues of blue, red, green, and purple.
- Warm-tonedDeep red, yellow, off-white, brown, yellow, and orange.
- Neutral-tonedAny colors.
3. Then, consider your eye colour
The eyes are the window to the soul, and we couldn’t agree more! Eye colour is easy to identify as they are very obvious when looking at yourself in the mirror. If you’re bald, they’re more likely to be prominent and can make or break your fashion! So, we’ve compiled some tips to help accentuate the beauty of your soul while wearing glasses!
For a more thorough explanation, check out our comprehensive guide on what color glasses to pick.
- Black frames for a neutral look
- Warm browns such as sepia or brandy to bring out the beauty of your eyes.
- Tortoiseshell frames to bring out your eye colour’s depth.
- Olive or lavender frames to help your eyes look more striking.
- Brown, caramel, tortoise patterned frames for the subtle appeal.
- Golden metallic frames to announce your presence in the room.
- Dusty pink, lilac, or opalescent frames to beautifully contrast with your green eyes.
- Blue-coloured frames work beautifully with blue eyes.
- Slate gray frames exude a minimalist vibe.
- Cobalt and bright blue accentuate those ocean eyes.
- Neutral colours such as tortoise or brown-coloured frames contrast quite perfectly with blue eyes.
- Black frames subtly emphasize the frost-like demeanour of blue eyes.
- Warm tones such as red and orange make blue eyes stand out even more.
- Well-matched with black, midnight blue, plum, or burgundy.
- Gray, silver, or blue frames can make your gray eyes further bring out their charm.
- Dusty pink heavily accentuates gray eyes, giving them that pop.
4. Matching your facial hair
Facial hair affects how symmetrical one’s face looks. Going bald and bearded is a look that is getting trendier day by day. Different types of beard styles can also affect your decision-making process when it comes to choosing the right pair of glasses.
As with different skin tones and eye colors; beards are a crucial consideration to look great while rocking the bald look.
- Goatee / moustacheRound frames generally match perfectly with a goatee or moustache, giving an illusion of proportional facial features. If you’re square-shaped, we recommend steering away from angular frames as it would make your face look boxier.
- Thin beardsPeople with thin beards should generally opt for frames that are angular or geometric in shape to help even out the face, especially for bald people with round-shaped faces.
- Full beardsFull bears help shorten your face’s length, making it look rounder and fuller. So the best pick for this would be a frame that is wide with an emphasized top line.
- Circle beardsCircle beards help even out one’s sharp features. For this type of beard, we recommend frames that are wide and angular to further proportionate your facial features.
Matching glasses with bald hair is a cinch
While these tips will help you rock the bald look with the most compatible glasses styles, we also value individuality! By no means that certain frame styles are only exclusive to certain facial shapes, eye colors, skin tones, or facial hairs among bald folks. Feeling confident and comfortable are also some of the considerations when picking out your glasses.
Here at Mouqy, we have a wide variety of frames for you to choose from regardless of your esthetic, budget, and purpose! Our virtual try-on feature can also help you save the hassle of spending a lot of time trying out frames at a physical store.